29 April 2010

Off your trolley: fixing bad bike racks


Hooray! They've correctly respaced these racks in Liverpool Grove, off Walworth Road.

When they installed them, in March, they were so close you could hardly get one bike between them, never mind two. But a few well-targeted emails have obviously done the trick. Thanks.


Now, if only we could do something about the trolley blocking both sides of this rack opposite Selfridges in Oxford St.

Maybe they should put the racks much closer together, to stop people doing this.

3 comments:

  1. You are persecuting people who do the school run and commute to work on a trolley. There may be very good reasons for doing so, and it is more environmentally friendly than doing it in a large volvo or a van.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, @Bristol Traffic.

    I take back my unguarded comments, which were caught on a microphone as I spoke to my aides in the back of a taxi. I apologise unreservedly.

    I am happy to say that the trolley in question is not bigoted, and is in fact the backbone of our white working class support and please vote for me, and, er, OK I'll get my coat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. If you visit our web site this week you can see that one of our local councillors was caught promising to double the number of dancing trees in our city, which is exactly the kind of congestion causing alternate transport we don't need.

    ReplyDelete